Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Countdown to Valentine's Day - Day 3

Well, as promised here is my day #3  Valentine's Day card. 
I really enjoyed making this card. Here are the supplies I used

* Balloon Builders stamp set (heart shaped balloon)
* Friendly Wishes stamp set
* Teenuy Tiny Wishes stamp set
* Watermelon Wonder card stock and classic ink pad
* Blushing Bride card stock and classic ink pad
* Caplyso Coral card stock and classic ink pad
Whisper White card stock
* 1" Watermelon Wonder Stitched Satin ribbon
* Blushing Bride Baker's Twine
* Sweetheart punch
* Basic Black Stampin' Marker
* VersaMark ink pad
* Stampin' Emboss Powder - Black
* Embossing Buddy
* Heat Tool

First I glued all the layers starting with Watermelon Wonder on the bottom, followed with Blushing Bride an then Calypso Coral on top. The last layer is Whisper White, but first I stamped it repeatedly with the three colors of classic ink and the balloon shaped stamp. Once done, I used the Heat Tool to dry all the ink. I then used my Embossing buddy all over the entire card. I used VersaMark ink and the "Love You" stamp from the Friendly Wishes stamp set and stamped it in the center top portion of the card. I used the Black Embossing Powerl over the stamped image and used the Heat Tool to heat set the Black Embossing Powder.
I then used the Watermeon Wonder Stain ribbon and wrapped around the bottom portion of the card making sure to leave about 1/2" of the stamped balloons showing. I adhere the ribbon to the back of the card layers. 
I then adhere the layers onto a Whispere White card stock base (8-1//2" x 5-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4")

Now I know you know that Stampin' Up! Does not have a heart-shaped balloon punch so let me tell you how I made the heart shaped balloons. 
First, I used the Balloon Bouquet punch and Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder and Calypso Coral card stocks. Then I put the put the balloons into the Sweetheart punch (top part only) and punched out the top part of the heart shape. I did have to use my paper snips to make the tops of the heart a little more round because they come put a litte pointy. 
I used "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp from the Teen Tiny Wishes stamp set and the Basic Black Stampin' Marker, I inked up one word at a time and stamped it onto the heart-shaped balloons one word per balloon. I then used the Blushing Bride Baker's Twine and wrapped it around the bottom of the balloons and tied a knot and let the string hang down.
I used a few Stampin' Dimensionals to pop-up the two larger balloons and adhere all the balloons on the bottom left corner of the card.

There you have it, my Day 3 Valentine's Day card. 
Hope you like my card. Please leave me a comment and Happy Stamping!

No comments: